Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Reasonable Facsimile, or Hopelessly Tacky?

Obsessing over the Prada fairy bag - and feeling pretty certain that it will probably price out at $2,000+ - I've been on the hunt for a reasonable facsimile.

I've stumbled upon this Anuschka bag, available at www.Shopnbc.com (my predilection for TV shopping is well-known). I'm kind of feeling it. It's got that artsy, hand-painted vibe of the Prada bag, and a butterfly's kinda close to a fairy, right?

So this is one of those times when I have to ask, am I just deluding myself by thinking that this bag is even on the same fashion planet as the Prada? Is it actually hopelessly tacky, to be carried only by a large aging hippie with long grey hair, who wears a lot of purple? Or is it, indeed, cool and fitting with spring's painterly vibe?

I'm leaning towards cool. I welcome opinions!

No comments: