Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cheap Thrills

A Saturday excursion to Castleton Square Mall caused me to take a second look at Bakers - yes Bakers, formerly known (at least in my mind) for not-even-real-leather-only-suitable-for-exotic-dancers shoes.

Well, I don't know what's happened over there or when it happened, but Bakers now has apparently become a hot spot for cheap-ish (but at least made of leather) knock-offs of fabulous designer shoes.

Case in point: I purchased both the Bakers version of the Dior shoe worn constantly by Carrie Bradshaw in the Sex and the City movie, as well as a note-for-note knock-off of the seen-on-every-celeb YSL Tribute sandal. Purchased both pairs for about $150, less than a tenth of what you would pay for the originals.

I know, I know - I love a true designer shoe as much (or more) than the next gal. But in these tough economic times, it's nice to know that you can always just go to Bakers for a cheap fashion fix.

1 comment:

Always In Style said...

Never underestimate the power of Bakers - great knockoffs for cheap!