Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Early Warning - Gap/Phillip Lim White Shirts Coming Soon!

So, I'm really liking the "Gap Design Editions" idea. Yes, it's a complete imitation of Target's Go Designers program, but whatever. The results are good, in my opinion.

And they're doing it right. They've taken it so far as to have opened a special Design Editions boutique next to the big Gap on Fifth Avenue in New York. When I walked by on Friday, it was full of the Gap/Pierre Hardy shoe collection.

Mark your calendars for next Tuesday, April 15. Yes, it's also tax day, but that's immaterial. What's most important about that date is that the newest collection of designers' interpretations of the white shirt will be arriving at the Gap. You might recall last year's, which I thought was stellar - Thakoon, Rodarte and others interpreted the white shirt in some fabulous ways. My favorite was probably the 50s-ish white shirt dress - it cost under $100, and every time I wore it I got major compliments. You can bet it's coming right out as soon as the weather warms enough for a sleeveless white shirt dress.

This year's collection promises to be equally exciting - if not even more so. One of my most favorite designers, Phillip Lim, has designed some of the styles. And, this year's collection goes beyond white shirts to include white jewelry designed by Philip Crangi. I've not seen too many of the styles, but the big white bangles with the gold studs look cool.

You can bet I'll be at Keystone at the Crossing next Tuesday to check out the line!

No comments: