Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Fab Time at French Pharmacie Last Night

French Pharmacie hosted yet another terrific party last night, this time to welcome designer Be Inthavong of Be&D handbags and now...shoes, too! Yes, Be&D - known for exquisite bags with an edge (but not so trendy that you'll be sick of them in a year) - has branched out into shoes. And they are lovely.

My favorite is the Chamberlain - a very cool lace up spectator that comes in both blush and a lovely light beige with black. I'm a sucker for a spectator, but this one is most certainly not your mother's spectator. Cool, yet just classic enough to work at work. I love them!

And it was wonderful to meet Be - he's very charming, and a true craftsman. My favorite bag on display was a new take on their classic hobo, which I believe has been in the line since the beginning. But the body of this one was woven leather - very tiny strips, thinner than a Bottega bag. I've always held the Bottega woven bags up as the pinnacle of beautiful workmanship, but I have to tell you that this Be&D bag beats all.

Another highlight of the party was my first glimpse at the new spa that Stacy has opened above the store. They very generously were offering free laser peels and polish changes, so of course I partook. I can't wait to see what my new face looks like once I emerge from my old skin like a snake! Sounds horrible, I know, but that's the price of beauty.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Laser peel???? How did that work out?

Also - did you see the new Prada ad in the May Vogue? Your fairy bag is about to become much more noticed!