Monday, December 17, 2007

Jonesing for New Shoes

Ah, December. The time of year when thoughts turn to...no, not mistletoe and holly and all that holiday stuff...but spring fashion.

I guess technically it's resort, but savvy fashionistas shop early before the hottest styles sell out. I don't know why, but I tend to get more jazzed about resort wear than the spring collections when they make their appearance in a few months.

This season, I'm particularly lusting after some new shoes. Prada's new heel - that's sculpted like a flower - is unbelievably gorgeous. I mean, really spectacular. And I also love YSL's decidedly non-hippie take on the platform sandal. These remind me of the cork platforms I had in grade school, but in a much cooler and more sophisticated form.

I'm headed to Chicago for the Christmas holiday, so will be able to scope both of these glorious shoes out in person, on Michigan Ave. Now if Santa will just stuff my stocking with cash...

No comments: