Tuesday, March 11, 2008

The Fairy Obsession Grows

As my longtime readers know, there's probably nothing right now that I'm more obsessed with than the whole Prada fairy thing. The bag...the ads...the clothes - I just think they are brilliant.

In an effort to bring some fairydom into my own life, I'm embarking on a new - and perhaps overly ambitious - project. I really would like to paint a fairy mural in my bathroom. Step one is complete - I was able to locate a great image from the web site of James Jean, the illustrator who collaborated with Miuccia on the fairy print.

Hopefully James won't sue me if I somehow create a reasonable facsimile of this on the wall of my bathroom. I'm thinking I can project this image onto the wall, trace it out and paint it in. Sounds simple, no?

Or maybe I can just hire a student from Herron Art School to do it for me...

P.S. - Sorry, I tried to post a picture of the Prada image and it wouldn't work. You can check it out at www.jamesjean.com; it's called Prada I.

No comments: