Monday, March 3, 2008

Jovovich-Hawk Hits the Target

I made it to Target yesterday to check out the Jovovich-Hawk collection, the latest "GO Designers" to hit the racks. All-in-all, I liked it much better than the last couple of GO collections. I think the dresses are the strongest part of the line, and despite the inexpensive prices (dresses top out at $39.99), the fabrics seem nicer than some of the previous GO designer collections. But maybe that's because it's easier to do summer on the cheap...

You'd better hurry if, like me, you're a Nora Target shopper. The collection debuted just yesterday, and as of yesterday afternoon sizes were already starting to get a little picked over. I can't wait until that new Target opens at Glendale. In the meantime, your best bet might be to hit a SuperTarget in Carmel, or order online. Be warned that you might have to go up a size if you want the dresses to be long enough. And the little blue linen gauchos fit funny, so I'd avoid those unless you have very narrow hips.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I've been alerted that French Pharmacie will be expanding beyond just offering manicures and pedicures and will be launching a day spa on April 1. I'm told that the decor will be very dark and sexy - no doubt it will be fabulous knowing Stacy's taste. Book your appointments now!

Finally, an early warning on this Friday's First Friday event at the Harrison Center, from 6 p.m. - 10 p.m. The theme is "Road Trip," and it looks to be a typically fun Harrison Center with lots of performances and interesting stuff going on. This is one of the quarterly artist open house events, as well, which are always my favorite. Sadly, I can't attend as I'll be out of town, but I highly recommend checking it out.

No comments: