Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Why I Love Indy

Fashionistas have it easy here in Indy. I know, I know - we occasionally have to deal with some indignities like H&M not thinking we're cool enough to get the Roberto Cavalli stuff, but on the otherhand, we don't have fight kicking and screaming for the latest and greatest collections when they hit mass retailers. Well, the GO stuff selling out at Target on day one notwithstanding.

Anyway, in search of a wine rack I headed to KatC last night. Yes, I found said wine rack at Crate & Barrel, but that's another story that's not at all interesting. What is interesting is that I took a quick peek in the Gap and what did I find - the new shoe collection designed by Pierre Hardy. "Collection" might be overstating it a bit, as there were only two styles - both available in two different colors - but the KatC Gap had plenty of sizes left in everything. Apparently the shoes arrived last week.

I just read about this partnership between Pierre Hardy and the Gap - although there is no indication on the box or the signage that it's Pierre Hardy who's done the designing. I find this curious as he's such a big star in shoe land, but maybe there were some legal trademark issues or something. Anyway, it doesn't matter. The point is, they're cute, and they're a chance to put a little Pierre Hardy magic on your feet for under $100 - which is great since you'd pretty much have to add a zero to that number to enjoy some mainline Pierre Hardys. And if you lived in Chicago or New York, you'd be SOL by now on these, since I'm sure they sold out on the first day. Online on www.gap.com, sizes are extremely limited. So if you want them, get over to the KatC Gap. And be aware - they run large. I'm normally a 7, but the 6 1/2s fit me. Enjoy!

1 comment:

handbag84 said...

French Pharmacie has carried Pierre Hardy bags and shoes since they opened :) It funny how we had P.Hardy in Indy for almost 2 years now and not too many people noticed. He has amazing bags..no logo just chic and stylish.