Friday, March 28, 2008

Going Ga Ga for Gladiators

I'm totally getting suckered into the gladiator sandal trend for spring. I know, I know - gladiators have come and gone over the years, and to be honest, I've never been much of a fan of them. First off, I don't wear a lot of flats, and I've also never been huge on the going up the ankle thing. I just think that can be a tough look to pull off, particularly if - God forbid - you have a bit of a cankle.

But this year somehow the gladiator thing seems different. Maybe it's because more designers are doing a modified gladiator, even with a heel in some cases.

Of course, the one I love happens to be Prada's version, and costs nearly 600 bucks. A lot for what will likely be a relatively fleeting trend...so I'll be on the hunt for some sort of reasonable knock off (Steve Madden, where are you when I need you?). I know it won't come in this lovely shade of grey, but oh well...

Et tu, Aldo? Please?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com