Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Artsparkle a Fashionable Fete

If you missed Saturday night's Artsparkle party at the Indianapolis Art Center, you missed a good one. The crowd was great, the weather was gorgeous, and the IAC staff did an amazing job transforming the grounds of the Art Center into a delightful "lover's lane," lined with luminarias and festooned with lights.

The food was fantastic, as well - my faves were the Asian-inspired pork tenderloin served over seaweed salad, provided by R Bistro, and the mini tenderloin sandwiches from Sullivan's.

I'm still slightly sad that the lovely fox fur coat was quickly bid up above my budget, but at least all the money went to a good cause.

And if you haven't been to the Art Center in a while - I hadn't been in there in years - it's worth a visit. It's much more like an art museum than I remember - although much less stuffy - and, I believe, all the art on the walls is for sale! That's always been a gripe of mine about museums. Yes, it's fun to look at all of the art, but if you can't buy it, what's the point? Yes, I know I could never afford, say, a Picasso, but it would be nice to know what it would cost, if you could buy it.

Anyway, check it out!

No comments: