Monday, August 27, 2007

Fashion Found in Indy

As a fashion-obsessed teen in Indy, I prided myself on ferreting out the most fabulous fashion the city had to offer. From vintage clothing stores to upscale boutiques, I considered myself on expert on Indy style. Some of my old haunts that longtime Indy residents will remember include:

- Herschel's Shoes - definitely the hottest shoe store at Keystone at the Crossing, back when you used to have to choose either the Fashion Mall side or the Bazaar
- Modern Times - the biggest/best vintage store back in the day. I still miss it.
- Marblehead - I'm putting this one in because I worked there in high school; thanks to Marblehead, I had an unparalelled collection of Ton Sur Ton
- Gidding-Jenny - a Cincinnati transplant that, for a time, was THE place to get your high fashion fix
- Jacobson's - a little "old lady," but they brought Chanel to Indy
- Dinwiddie's - for the "alterna-teen" in all of us. Miracle of miracles, it's still here!

Well, I've just moved back from a 14-year stint in Chicago, and I'm thrilled to say there is more than corn in Indiana, there's style, too.

Case in point: French Pharmacie. Can I just tell you that I was SO thrilled to discover this place a few weeks ago. Expensive, but worth it, with can't-miss lines like 3.1 Philip Lim and my new fave jeans, Acne. I just met the owner, Stacy Kosene, over the weekend (she was wearing a fabulous Alice and Olivia dress, by the way) and I'm happy to report that she is as nice as her store is cool. I know where I'm doing my fall shopping in Indy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great blog Cathy!

I might add some of my favorite places to shop - Cynde's shoes at the Fashion Mall by Saks always has something divine. And Frankey's new expanded store in Nora is great for a cocktail dress and a boatload of high end denim - not that i wear much denim.

I have high hopes that you will convince me that not all my shopping has to be done online!
Cheers!