Thursday, August 30, 2007

Yesterday - A Strike Out

Yesterday found me taking two fashion excursions. I popped into the Circle Centre Mall at lunch time, where a quick swing through left me underwhelmed. Even Nordstrom, usually a good bet for something interesting, left me cold.

Post-work, I decided to make the trek to Lafayette Mall - yes, Lafayette Mall...sometimes you have to scrounge a little for fashionable finds - for a visit to Steve & Barry's to see if anything fun from Sarah Jessica Parker's Bitten line had arrived yet for fall. I love the Bitten concept - nothing's over like $30, and there are some cute pieces in the line. I've found the fit can be a bit funny, but I did buy a very 60s-influenced little jacket for spring/summer that I'm quite happy with. I've seen editorial coverage of a mod-ish coat for fall that also looks pretty cute.

Anyway, my recommendation if you head to Lafayette Square is to make it a surgical strike. There's nothing else in this mall worth a look, unless you want a grill. For your teeth, that is. Park by the Food Court entrance, and make a beeline right for Steve & Barry's.

But don't go yet. None of the good SJP stuff for fall has arrived yet. I'll keep checking, though.

No comments: