Friday, August 31, 2007

Philosophical Dilemma Resolved

First off, I apologize for having no photos on this blog. I tried to upload some photos of the objects of desire I referenced in my last post, but they came out very pixilated. I'll have to get some tech help, but my goal is to get pics up soon.

So, I took a lap through the Fashion Mall last night, and soon realized that, at least for the moment until my fashion exploration of the city is more complete, I'll likely have to supplement my Indianapolis shopping with online. Until Saks beefs up its contemporary offerings and adds lines like Tory Burch, Alice & Olivia, Thread Social and Philip Lim, I just don't think it's going to be able to be my "one-stop shop" department store. And French Pharmacie is great, but by its very nature a boutique. Yes, it's well-edited, but by its very nature not a broad enough selection to meet all my needs.

I did have some success at Saks, in the shoe department. Their shoe department truly is great. No, it's not large enough to have its own zip code like the NY Saks, but it'll certainly do. I picked up the chunky heeled Tory Burch pumps, in both black and brown. At first it felt excessive to get both colors, but I know come fall I'll be very happy I did. And, they were reasonably priced, so 2 pairs of the Tory pumps was like 1 pair of Jimmy Choos. At least that's how I justified it.

Happy Labor Day! No more white pants or shoes, or Lilly Pulitzer. Put it away, now.

No comments: