Friday, October 12, 2007

Another Great Art Center Party!

I of course attended the Amuse Bouche fete last night for the Indianapolis Art Center, and had a fabulous time. The food was great - particularly the little crepes filled with smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers and red onions - but that's to be expected as Petite Chou did the catering. And, there was plenty of champagne, which is probably the fastest way to IndyStyle's heart.

Perhaps because French Pharmacie was a sponsor - and stayed open late to accomodate partygoers with a fashion jones - the party attracted a fashionable crowd of people who seemed happy to be finally busting out the fall finery.

As always, I loved what I saw at FP. One particular Thread Social dress jumped out at me - I would probably own it today if they had it in a size larger than a 2! I know that line runs large, but seriously...Actually, it's probably for the best because I've decided that French Pharmacie's strongest suit is its jewelry selection. I'm a sucker for great baubles, and FP's got them. As I mentioned in a previous entry, I treated myself to a really cool tiger's eye ring from FP not that long ago. Well, last night I did it again (Yes, my name is Cathy and I'm a jewel-a-holic), and picked up another - totally different - cocktail ring. In my defense, this one was actually kind of a steal. I know, I know - "steal" and "French Pharmacie" don't exactly go hand-in-hand. But seriously, for the size of this ring and the materials (read: real gems), I truly expected to see a four-figure pricetag. Anyway, I snapped it up. I also tried on an absolutely lovely rose-cut diamond bangle bracelet that shames the standard tennis bracelet. Unfortunately, that was $8000 - a bit out-of-reach for my budget. But my birthday's coming if you're looking for ideas...

No comments: