Tuesday, October 2, 2007

The Most Stylish New Show on TV

Without a doubt, "Gossip Girl" is the most stylish new TV show this season. I had high hopes for the show from the moment I heard about it, as I am a fan of the Gossip Girl book series. Yes, I know they're a little young for me, but I enjoy some teen fiction as much as the next girl does. Or at least as much as my 16-year-old niece does. Plus the clothes HAD to be good - after all, the series centers around a group of filthy rich private schoolers in Manhattan - Upper West and Upper East sides, to be exact, so how can you go wrong?

The show has lived up to all of my expectations. I was thrilled to see that Serena sported the gold sequined Tory Burch tank dress on her big date in episode 1 (I'm happy to report it is the very same frock that IndyStyle busted out at Artsparkle a few weeks ago).

The website is also fab - I know this isn't a new thing, but I still think it's absolutely genius when a show website allows you to get the deets on the stuff the characters wear, with a link through to buy online. This area of the site could be more robust, but I'm hoping as the season goes on that will happen. I'm convinced this is the way we'll all shop sooner or later - see it on the air, click it, buy it, done. Amazing! I also enjoy that you can get all of the music on the show. Of course, in my compulsiveness, that wasn't quite enough for me, so I had to click over to iTunes to download the full CDs by Rooney, Ferraby Lionheart, Gym Class Heroes and The Bravery. I know, I know - let's all just take a moment to bask in the coolness...

Check out Gossip Girl on Wednesday nights on the CW. I believe it's on at 8 or 9, but you'll just Tivo it (trust me, get the season pass) so it really doesn't matter.

No comments: