Friday, September 28, 2007

Supporting the Indy Art Scene

Last night IndyStyle hit the closing reception for "The Curious City" art exhibit at the Harrison Center. For those of you who've not been to an event at the Harrison Center, you have to check it out. It's a very cool place - particularly when the artists there have their studios open, as they typically do on an IDADA First Friday, for example.

My favorite Harrison Center artist is Kyle Ragsdale, and last night I'm pleased to say I purchased one of his paintings. It was inspired by the Burger Chef murders, which longtime Indy residents will recall happened in the late '70s and have never been solved. I know it sounds very dark, but, trust me, it isn't.

Apparently in November Kyle will have his own solo show at the Harrison Center, in the main gallery. I encourage everyone to check it out. Unfortunately, I'll be out of town for the First Friday opening; however, I'm going to be sure to get there soon after, so please don't buy everything on the first night!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Hello, How do I get in touch with you? There is no email or contact info listed .. please advise .. thanks .. Mary. Please contact me maryregency at gmail dot com