Monday, September 24, 2007

Awesome New Shoe Designer

First off, I just have to give some props to Saks Fifth Avenue. There was a time, in the not-so-distant past, when I frankly had a slightly stodgy view of Saks. Yes, there was some lovely designer fashion available there, but they just weren't holding a candle to Neiman-Marcus.



I don't know if they had a change in leadership or something, but they are now doing just about everything right, in my opinion. Their website is well-done, with instantaneous runway reports from Fashion Week, spot-on interpretations of the key trends of the season, and a plethora of up-and-comers.



My favorite thing that Saks is doing is the "Fashion Incubator." Periodically on the site, they are featuring new designers, often people I've not even heard of yet. Right now, check out the shoes from this awesome new designer, Jonathan Kelsey. How cool will you feel if he turns out to be the next Manolo Blahnik, and you can say, "I knew him when..."

No comments: