Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I Have a Secret

I'm addicted to home shopping. I know what you're thinking - what could POSSIBLY be available on television for a fashion-lover like me? Well, you'd be amazed. Yes, there are some horrible novelty themed sweaters out there in TV land that will make you gag, but I swear there's some good stuff, too.

Here's what I've found appealing:
- Some of the leathers from the Pamela McCoy collection, available on ShopNBC. Just some of them work, not all. I've occasionally been seduced by one or two "miscues" here, but the losers are easy to send back. I particularly love one black lamb jacket with ruffles around the bottom and sleeves; I spotted Emily sporting this jacket on "As the World Turns" one day, so clearly I'm not 100% crazy.
- Some of the jeans from the DG2 collection, available on HSN. Again, you have to weed through. Avoid the overly embellished options and the "themed jeans" (yes, there's a Vegas-themed jean that's tacky as can be, as well as one with the NY skyline on the legs that should be avoided at all costs). But the colored jeans are cute, I swear. I got the overdyed jeans in ruby, and they work. They also fit well and stretch, so you can feel thin when your "skinny size" fits. I've also now ordered them in a metallic bronze (hey, for 2 easy payments of $29.99, how can you go wrong?); I'll let you know.
- SCOOP on HSN. That's right, SCOOP, the NY boutique, has brought a selection of goodies to HSN. It's not cheap, but where else can you score black sequined Alice & Olivia leggings? Nowhere...they're an exclusive.

Trust me; check it out. Just be careful. There is some baaaaad stuff there, too.

1 comment:

cs-morris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.