Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Big Weekend Coming Up

Ok, so I know it's only Wednesday, but I'm getting very excited for the weekend. Which sorta, kinda starts tomorrow, with a fab trunk show at French Pharmacie. All day Thursday and Friday, 10/25 and 26, the Colorado sisters who design The Woods jewelry line will be at French Pharmacie showing their stuff. You might remember the rough cut diamond bracelet I've been lusting after at FP? Available for a mere $8 large or so? Yeah, that's The Woods. But I've been assured that not everything in the line is so pricy - apparently prices start around $250 or so. I do have that birthday coming up...

Saturday's a big day, as well. I'm planning to check out the Indieana Craft show at the Irving Theater during the day. You read that right; it's "Indieana." Apparently this craft show won't feature the usual country crap, crocheted potholders and doilies - it's a little edgier than that. As it's styled after the Renegade Craft Shows held in various major markets across the country, I think it will be cool. Plus, I'm a bit of a knitter myself, so I enjoy communing with fellow crafters.

Saturday night is "Strange Fruit," at the Wheeler Art Center. This should be a very cool event, with tons of artists' work on display, and a wearable art fashion show. I also think the crowd will be fun, with some interesting ensembles, I'm sure, the Saturday before Halloween. There's an after party at Radio Radio, so the whole thing sounds right up my alley.

I just need to decide what to wear...

No comments: