Thursday, October 18, 2007

Credit Where it's Due

I'll admit I'm not much of a Mary-Kate and Ashley fan. At 38, I'm a little old to really appreciate their acting oeuvre. I hated "Full House," and have never had the pleasure of watching any of their straight-to-video movies or the aptly titled "New York Minute," which I think was gone from theaters in a New York minute...

Frankly, I've also never been very impressed with their senses of style. Ashley tends to look better than M-K, in my opinion, but I've always thought for two pretty, skinny girls with all the money in the world they rock a better look than the homeless granny thing they've been doing for the past few years (M-K, anyway).

But I've got to hand it to them, I'm liking their new Elizabeth & James line. Cute dresses and jackets, and I'm also liking the skinny leggings and stirrups - although I think we need to set a weight limit for those. Unless you only outweigh M-K by about 10 lbs. or so, those aren't for you. Needless to say, I'll be taking a pass. But seriously, a lot of the pieces in the line are very cute. There's a silk trapeze top with a bow at the neck that's lovely, and I'm loving the "glam jacket" - just ignore the fact that it's made of goat fur. Not that I'm opposed to fur - I'm certainly a fan - it's just the "goat" part that seems a little ghetto. But whatever. It looks great.

So far, it looks like Elizabeth & James is only carried at Neiman-Marcus and Intermix - including on their websites. I've not seen it anywhere in town, but maybe Saks - or my friends at French Pharmacie - will come through for me. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

handbag84 said...

French Pharmacie carries MK & Ash's line called "The Row". The owner met with the twins in NY and Paris :)