Tuesday, November 6, 2007

"Danke Schoen" at the Harrison Center

As I've written before here in this space, Kyle Ragsdale is just about my favorite local Indy artist that I've discovered so far. His paintings are beautiful, and fashionable - many of them incorporate images of women in evening gowns.

I highly recommend a visit to the Harrison Center for the Arts to see his solo show, Danke Schoen, hanging through the end of the month. I missed the opening last Friday evening, but I understand it was quite an event - apparently the cops even showed up and busted the Harrison Center for illegally operating a dance hall when several polka dancers took the stage.

Even without the hoopla - and free wine - of the opening, the show is worth a visit. Lots of the works have sold, so hurry if you'd like to add to your collection.

No comments: