Friday, November 9, 2007

The Woods Trunk Show Follow Up

Thanks to a faithful reader, it was brought to my attention that I never really followed up on my preview post about trunk show of The Woods jewelry held at French Pharmacie a couple of weeks ago. It was pretty fab, I have to say. This line features a lot of lovely old rose cut diamonds, set into interesting new settings. Considering that diamonds are involved, the prices are pretty reasonable, too. Well, aside from the unbelievable bangle bracelet that's $8,000+, but it has a ton of diamonds in it. I had some birthday money burning a hole in my pocket (thanks, Mom), and I was able to pick up both a necklace and a pair of earrings, with only a small added contribution on my part.

In addition to the rose cut diamonds, the other pieces I thought were really cool involved black or brown diamonds pave set into black metal...very dark yet sparkly.

While the trunk show was a two-day affair, French Pharmacie always has some pieces from this line in the case, so you can check it out at any point. And hopefully they'll be doing another trunk show again. That is, if the nice sisters who design this line are willing to return to Indianapolis. Apparently there was some fiasco where their prepaid hotel room at the Westin was given away to some of the Future Farmers of America in town for the big convention. They ended up staying at some flea bag motel out by the airport where the doors opened straight to the outside, "sleeping" with their jewels clutched to their chests. Welcome to the Fashion Capital of the Midwest! Maybe that's why H&M shafted us on the Cavalli.

1 comment:

cs-morris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.