Thursday, November 15, 2007

Online Art Explosion

Ok, so maybe it's because I just spent a weekend at 21c being inspired, or maybe it's because I've been feeling a little fat lately so not so into the clothes thing, but I've been semi-obsessed lately with art. Hence all the postings about red penguins and such.

Well, my art obsession led to the discovery of a really great website - www.etsy.com. Technically devoted to crafts, the site also has quite a bit of art for sale, and all at very reasonable prices. I think the most expensive thing I've seen on the site has been $700, and that was a very large and elaborate quilt.

From glass to jewelry to needlework to oil paintings, collage and sculpture, you'll find it on Etsy. And if you have arts or crafts you'd like to sell, Etsy's the place to do that, too.

Good news on "Project Penguin" and the obsession with large plastic animals that has spawned - I won the white, light up reindeer on Ebay. It will soon be taking up residence in my home as a lighting fixture. Yay!

No comments: