Thursday, November 8, 2007

Tragic Day for Indy Fashionistas

As all of you know, IndyStyle has been eagerly anticipating today's arrival of the Roberto Cavalli collection at H&M. Well, imagine my disappointment after I trekked over to Circle Center for an early lunch to check it out...only to find that our H&M will not be carrying the collection. The closest store to us to have it is the Michigan Ave. store in Chicago, which I'm sure is an absolute madhouse today and will be sold out of the best pieces of the collection by the weekend, if not sooner.

What gives, H&M? Do you not think we Hoosiers are cool enough for Roberto? That we hicks won't "get" the collection? Or is the concern that the price points - some even up to $300 - are a little to rich for our hillbilly blood?

I'll tell you, I've gone from disappointment to anger at being excluded from the A-list markets that are enjoying some bargain Cavalli as we speak. Perhaps these are the natural phases of fashion mourning - disbelief turns to disappointment which morphs into madness.

Well, I've sent a somewhat strongly worded email to the H&M media department, demanding an answer to why we won't have Cavalli in our town. I will, of course, let you know.

One positive development - the Taco Bell is now open at Circle Center, so lunch wasn't a complete loss. At least I was able to drown my sartorial sorrows in a burrito supreme.

No comments: