Monday, February 25, 2008

Goosing the Goose

My new little "localista" experiment now encompasses food, thanks to the Goose Market. Located at 25th and Delaware, it's a haven for local foodies and winos (like yours truly...the wino part, anyway).

Stocked with local meats and cheeses, including dry-aged, grass-fed beef raised right here in the state, the Goose also makes a great sandwich. I'm partial to the brisket - which I liked better the second time, when they topped it with blue cheese and some sort of yummy mayonaisse-y dressing.

Be sure to go downstairs, where all the beer and wine is stocked alongside a rather random array of dry goods. If you want an obscure Italian brand of canned tomatoes, you'll find it here. Otherwise, don't expect to be able to do all of your grocery shopping at the Goose. Just the good stuff...

A couple of quick updates. 1) I've decided that music can't be included in my localista experiment. It's just too wasteful (both in terms of money and environmental waste) to buy CDs when I only want a song or two. So that didn't last long, but I'm happy about it. 2) I returned the butterfly bag. Upon seeing the Prada original in NYC (by the way, the whole SoHo store is painted with fairies right now), I realized that the butterfly bag is not at all a reasonable facsimile. Not at all.

No comments: