Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Great Source for Wines

I have to credit my brother for turning me on to a terrific online wine store, www.flickingerwines.com. Clearly knowing my champagne taste/beer pocketbook conundrum, he shared their weekly email with me - basically the gist of it was that they'd put some already cheap (but good) wines on sale. Choices were as low as $5, and none were over $20. Given that the site is run by a connoisseur, I felt confident ordering wines that I've not heard of, trusting they'll be good. Oh, and you get an extra 5% off when you order a case (can be a mixed case), and since the biz is located in Chicago, there's no sales tax when shipped to Indianapolis.

The only drawback is that the only relatively reasonable way to ship a case of wine is UPS ground, which due to winter weather won't start until late March or early April.

Check out the site (www.flickinger.com) for their selection of bargain wines. Oh, and if you'd like to impress your friends with a giant, 6 liter bottle of 2004 Dom. Romanee-Conti La Tache Grand Cru Red Burgundy (for a cool $19,000), they have that, too. Only one bottle, though, so hurry.

No comments: